Thursday, October 21, 2010

Spooky Pumpkin Patches

These projects are just TOO CUTE! I got the idea from Mrs. Picasso's Art Room and she turned me on to the idea of compressed sponges! Oh my word, if you aren't privvy to this kind of magic, you'd better just get some and check them out for yourself! You can draw and cut the sponges into any shape, punch holes in them and then just run them under water to make them expand! The possibilities are endless!
You will need:
6x18 green paper
12x18 black paper
6 3x3 orange squares (for pumpkins)
scrap green yarn
crayons
I also found some small fall leaves at the Dollar Store and gave each kid 5-6 of them to add to their projects! I did this with my ESOL Kindergarten class and they just adored their work! They were so bummed that they didn't get to take them home immediately because their ghosts were still wet! Next week will be fun when they get to take them home :) Obviously this can be adapted to older grades and other media (Eric Carle collage-style perhaps?!)



Happy Haunting...I mean...creating!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! They look awesome!!
    I had a still-flat sponge ghost that I dropped in a bowl of water today. The kids thought it was MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete