Wednesday, October 5, 2011

untitled project

I was "pinning" the other day and came across this gorgeous, fluid watercolor painting. For the life of me, I couldn't find the source of it, I just kept being re-routed to tumblr.com. I thought it was amazingly beautiful!

I decided to make something similar with my third graders. This project took a day to paint the background with free-form shapes and brilliant colors, then left to dry. On day 2, we only took 10-15 minutes to "blow" the ink into spider-y stems across our papers. (Yes, I used water-soluble liquid black ink, not paint). I just ADORE how these came out. Each so beautiful and unique!






And no, I couldn't come up with a clever or witty title for these paintings. We used this as a springboard to "naming your painting" in class, too. The students loved coming up with names for their own paintings!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful compositions.
    I love the boldness of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea. I bet these pictures get framed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wished you had been my art teacher...back in the Day! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wished you had been my art teacher...back in the Day! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of paint did you use for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete