Monday, November 29, 2010

are you UP for winter?!

I couldn't wait to start doing winter-ish lessons with my Kindergartners and First Graders. There is such a level of excitement when you make snowmen, snowflakes, reindeer, and Santas. I found this project on Artsonia and added my own little twist on it, incorporating the use of felt and (what was I thinking?!) GLITTER! They've turned out so cute!

You will need:
9x12 turquoise paper
2 6x6" square pieces of white paper
cut felt in various colors
small orange paper
black markers
silver glitter

I also have some foam "stick on" snowflakes that would be fun to use for this project as well. Of course, adding your own little twist on everything makes it that much better! So, happy winter! Things are looking UP!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Great project to go with Snowballs. I will be doing sometime this winter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of viewing the snowman looking up. This is a great one. I may just have to use it for a cute winter project. Don't worry, full credit would be given to you:) Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for my after school group.. a project that can be enjoyed by the smallest ones to the big ones.
    :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just saw this super shape project via tip of the week from the 2 sisters (daily 5)- and i had to say hi! my mom lives in venice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this with a couple of preschoolers I watch and they had a blast! I simplified it for my sake :) and used my square punch to make the squares for the scarf and then we used foil and tore it into small pieces for the snow. Great activity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Greece! I wanted to let you know that I loved your snowman craft and I have featured it on my post "Snowmen from different angles crafts & games!" You can see it here: http://maros-kindergarten.blogspot.gr/2013/01/blog-post_3330.html
    I would love your feedback! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. Will be doing it again with my 2nd grade class tomorrow! Thank you for this wonderful art project.

    ReplyDelete