Tuesday, February 22, 2011

britto hearts

I was tired of doing Jim Dine hearts this February. While he is a wonderful artist who truly visually depicts love in his paintings, I wanted to mix it up a bit this year. My third, fourth, and fifth graders were learning about the art of Miami-based artist Romero Britto and his use of bold color and pattern in his paintings.
We used 18x24 sheets of paper, 2 9x12 colored sheets of paper, and painted four patterned pieces of paper. We traced hearts and glued them on. A little twist on all things Valentines...and the boys didn't even seem to mind!
My fifth graders did some wonderful Britto vases. You can check them out here.

1 comment:

  1. I did not have a very good day today :(
    But these hearts made me happy!

    Beautiful work! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete