Friday, December 3, 2010

EZPZ Gingerbread Houses

Right before the Winter break I'm always in the need for an emergency one-day-filler lesson here or there. With our schedule and rotation and field trips and assemblies and and and and...sometimes I just need a quick lesson so we can start fresh in January. These were simple projects for Kindergartners and First Graders, they taught simple perspective, observation, and imagination! They were so cute!

*I made and brought in a gingerbread house for them to look at, quickly taught them how to draw a house in simple perspective, and then had them decorate with crayons. No pencils-all crayons on dark brown paper. I just LOVE how they turned out!


2 comments:

  1. I am doing practically the same project with my 1st graders. Your kids did a nice dob. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Now, I have tomorrow's project lesson! I've been struggling with it. Mondays for me are larger classes with the special needs students. I do not like to start new projects on Monday and if I do, I like to keep it simple. Here it 'tis!
    I also need one more day to get fired clay from the kiln. Thanks for your help:-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete