Tuesday, March 6, 2012

kindergarten kastles

I first saw this lesson on Deep Space Sparkle and pinned it on Pinterest. I love how the sponge-stamped "bricks" show the texture of the castle! We used our sponge paint daubers so our fingers didn't get messy. Worked like a charm!!!



We then used a mixture of painted papers, scrap papers, fringed papers (grass), and torn papers (moat) to add in the details. The kids had so much fun....and their energy and enthusiasm for the project definitely reflected in the results!



I gave them the choice to leave them with me for a bulletin board or to take them home...



...and my bulletin board is still empty.



SIGH.



I'd better tell tomorrow's group that they HAVE to leave them with me or I won't have any decor around here!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. LOL, LOL, LOL!!! Been there, had the same thing happen! They look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny :) its hit or miss with those kids- half the time they WANT everyone to see their work, others they want to show mom and dad on a BAD way :)

      Delete
  2. loved these so much we made them straight away today!!! great exercise in fine motor skills for my 5 year old..thanks!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These castles craft is wonderful! I have recently discovered your blog and I am your newest follower! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete