Friday, September 24, 2010

welcome!

Welcome to the "We Heart Art" blog--- a place for me to display work from my students at Garden Elementary, as well as archive lesson plans for future reference.

My name is Joanna Davis and I am the Art Teacher at Garden Elementary School in Venice, Florida. This is my 11th year teaching here. While I'd love to say that everyday is a SUPER FABULOUS and wonderful, we as educators, parents, and students believe in reality.

The truth is: we're all a work in progress...
An "artwork" in progress perhaps?! I love my job, I really do. I love seeing the "lighbulb" that goes off when a student "gets it". I love seeing their faces light up when they win a ribbon at an art show. I love how proud they are of their creations when they wrap them in 1,287 paper towels so they make it home in one piece.
I love solving problems each day, be it "dressing up a mess-up" on a particular project to solving life's problems over lunch or coffee, I couldn't ask for a better way to spend each and every day. I've been creative for as long as I can remember and love seeing creativity blossom in most of my kids.

'Cause you know, and let's be honest....some of them aren't feelin' the love in Art.


And that's okay, because I know they're trying their best and that's all I can ask for!

I am so excited to finally get this blog up and running, be sure to check back often for lesson plan ideas, updates, and exciting photos of the things we are doing in art class!

6 comments:

  1. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. ν† ν† μ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade content by you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own blog now 온라인경마

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog. Very inspiring and helpful too. Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. 바카라

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. ν† ν† 

    ReplyDelete