Tuesday, August 14, 2012

welcome back!

It's been a wonderful summer with my boys...in fact, I'd go ahead and deem it the "best summer EVER". We pool-hopped and park-hopped and flipped and flopped in our own inflatable pools at home! I've got a great tan and wonderful memories and photos...but alas it's time to get back to the grind!

I've pretty much been off the "grid" all summer, but I just wanted to blog a GREAT BIG "welcome back" to all of the blogosphere and wish you a wonderful first few weeks back! I'll be back to posting regularly shortly!

I'm knee-deep in supply orders and organizing and planning and meetings and gossip and purging and daydreaming and prepping that I won't even go into how my classroom is infested with carpenter ants and larvae under every.SINGLE.box. So disgusting! (And do you think my classroom is on the "priority list" right now? Heh, no!

I'm slowly but surely working through all this, but for now I'm getting stocked, stacked, and ready to go! What is your favorite part of planning week? Mine is opening up new boxes of crayons...brings back SO many wonderful memories of childhood!

5 comments:

  1. oh how i've missed your art posts!!!!!! cannot wait to see what you have in store for this year:) as a homeschooling non-artsy mom-- i need your help and ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! My wheels are definitely spinning!

      Delete
  2. I just LOVE getting ready to start new classes, too. Spent yesterday posting art in our Auditorium so that it looks welcoming for the Welcome Back Meeting that our principal has the first day of school. I dragged the tables around getting them positioned. The custodians do a great job of cleaning the room but the furniture is always topsy-turvy and scattered throughout the room. I always feel better when tables are back in their places. I have a couple of whiskey barrel planters on my patio that I like to re-plant with flowers this time of year, too. Having everything clean (with no accumulated piles of random stuff) and ready to go is a great feeling!! Have a great year:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christie, I do love how clean my room is before the kiddos get here...and before I have stacks and piles of random stuff everywhere! ENJOY!

      Delete