Friday, December 10, 2010

Perspective Snowmen

This was a super-cute project which focused on different "views" of the same snowman! I gave each student 3 5"x5" pieces of watercolor paper and a Sharpie. On the first piece, they were to draw a frontal view of a snowman, on the second a profile view, and on the third it had to be a close-up.

We used watercolor paints to paint these in, blending cool colors for the background. They were then mounted as a triptych on a sheet of 6"x18" black paper.

A great project with a "cool" effect!

6 comments:

  1. This is cool for several reasons. Classroom teachers work on "point of view" as a concept for students to use in their writing -- this reinforce that idea with focus on the visual. Next, I really like working small scale when I only have the kids for a limited amount of time -- it allows them to focus on a manageable piece of work. Third, the kids get to arrange their own paintings to create the groupings. And, last -- these are darn cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot... Funny that you do snowmen in FL:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for point-of-view... a nice project for those classes right before/after winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What works of art! Absolutely beautiful! I was looking for a project like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea! Can't wait to use this in my classroom! Thank you!

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely borrow this wonderful lesson in my classroom thanks Tami in Canada

    ReplyDelete