Monday, January 14, 2013

My Kindergartners Aren't LION

Hope you all have had a wonderful first coupleof weeks back from vacation! We are in our second full week back and I'm really starting to pump some stuff out for Spring Art shows. They always seem to sneak up on me!
My Kindergartners are finishing up these adorable lions this week! For this project, I had them use black crayon to draw and tempera blocks to paint. I limited their pallette to Orange, Yellow, and Brown.
They did most of the painting last week with their initial drawings and did last-minute touch-ups today. They also used a little yarn to give the painting a little more visual appeal.
....and that's IT! Simple paintings with adorable results! (By the way, these are sized 12"x18")

****Speaking of yarn, I am having a VERY hard time keeping my yarn organized. Right now it is in big, flat bin(s) and it is driving me INSANE. I would rather not be a yarn beast and cut yarn for all my kids, but honestly I'm going crazy trying to keep things organized and not tangled or unraveled. I saw some ideas on Pinterest, one that peeked my interest was using baby wipe containers to keep yarn balls in and to have the kids pull the yarn through the dispensers. This looks great in theory...but seems like it'd take up a LOT of space. Thoughts? Suggestions? What works for you?

1 comment:

  1. I keep my personal yarn stash in zip top bags (the ones with the nice zippers). It is kind of the same idea as the baby wipe containers, I just leave the balls/skeins in there and pull the yarn out the top. It works pretty well for me, easy storage in a big box, but keeps it untangled and somewhat organized. The one thing I see with kids is you would have to train them not to take the yarn out, just to pull the end, but that shouldn't be too hard.

    ReplyDelete